I started back at work last week after 2 1/2 months off for maternity- an awesome 2 1/2 months since I got to spend so much time with Sadie and Ambrie. When I had Sadie, I had to go back to work when she was just three weeks old! It was horrible, I got really depressed and I know it was hard on her too. This time it was hard, but not nearly as bad as when I went back with Sadie. I'm so grateful to have an in-home daycare that I trust, that Sadie LOVES (she didn't even tell me goodbye the first day I went back- I said "bye Sadie!" and she looked up, then just kept playing with her friends) and Ambrie seems to be doing ok too. She's only had a couple of days where she cried alot for them. Overall they say she's pretty happy and mellow (yep, that's Ambrie), which I'm so glad about. The two women who do the daycare are sisters who've been doing it for 18 years and they are awesome!!!
Although its hard to go back, in other ways its kind of nice. I get to meet so many people with my job from all over the world, and I think its alot of fun. Plus I only work from 8-2:00, so I still have alot of the day when I get home to spend with my family. I know one of these days they're going to make me go to full-time, but I'm so grateful and happy that I've been able to work just 3/4 for this long! I'm also so grateful to have a job right now when so many people who need them don't. I'm so grateful that I can provide my family with income and health insurance and that we're able to pay our bills. Yesterday in a meeting, we were told a full-time job in another department that paid only $20,000/year had 120 applicants- so many people are suffering and I'm so so so grateful that at this moment, I have a job, and especially one that I enjoy. That's the icing on the cake.
So although I miss my girls during the day, I know they're being taken care of and are shown alot of love still even though I'm not with them, and I know that right now this is what I need to be doing for my family. And although this post is probably really boring, since I don't have any cute pics up or anything, I just felt like sharing.
Don't worry, pretty soon I'll have a more fun post with lots of pics and updates!
Oh, and I guess while I'm posting I might as well throw in a mention of Brian's business. Its going pretty well, although we're finding we have to advertise alot and its expensive!!! But we're making enough to get by for now despite the advertising costs, and hopefully it just keeps growing and growing! If you want to check out his site, its www.btmpcservice.com !
August 2022
4 years ago

1 comments:
Thats awesome that you love your job and even better that you like your in-home daycare!! Sounds like life is good! :) Im really hoping to be in Panaca this weekend so hopefully I get to see you guys!
Post a Comment