Ambrie Solei McNeel was born Tuesday, June 23 at 3:34 PM!
She weighed 6 lbs, 2 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long
She came a little earlier than we expected. I was scheduled to be induced on Thursday, but when I went to my doctor's appointment Tuesday I had a lot of protein in my urine and high blood pressure, plus I've been SUPER swollen for the past few months. The doctor told me "I think we need to get this baby out soon". I said "soon, as in, Thursday?" and he said "no, soon as in now. I want you to go down to maternity." So Brian and Sadie (who were there with me) ran home to get some things and Brian took Sadie to daycare for the day. I was kind of freaked out, because I wasn't expecting everything to happen so fast, but obviously it all turned out ok :)
I will say, the one really hard thing that happened was once I got the epidural, I dilated from a 5+ to a 10 in about half and hour- and the epidural hadn't kicked in all the way! I was in a ton of pain, and I thought it was from the catheter the nurse had just put in, and she told me, "no, the baby's coming NOW". I was like "NO!" because I could feel everything, I swear and I was so scared. And it really did hurt- I totally look up to women that do it completely natural because I at least had a little relief. But I didn't have to push long before our beautiful new little girl came, and she was worth all of it! I mean, the bedrest, the difficult pregnancy, and the labor pain that I really didn't want to experience but had to anyway ;) We're so happy though and excited to have her here :)

Sadie's first look at her new sister! She's doing better than I thought she would. She was really excited when she got to the hospital and was so cute with Ambrie! She kept kissing her and talking to her :) Since we've been home, she still wants to hold her sometimes, but not as often and she gets bored with it fast. She's been a little jealous, asking me to hold her if she notices I'm feeding Ambrie, but I really think she's doing great with the whole thing :)
Brian and his "mini-me"







7 comments:
congrats she is a cutie> im happy for you. Donovan was the same way when my niece was born, and still is and she is 8 months...sadie will be great :)
Congrats, she is a beautiful baby! Love the name too, very unique!
She is beautiful. Glad everything went well.
aaawww congrats!
Man! I knew it was coming up and then I totally forgot to check your blog! SO SORRY!
She is adorable tessa. I agree- looks a lot like Brian too! :)
I am sorry to hear you had a "carlaya like" birthing experience! That is rough....I so know that feeling and totally FEAR! NOT FUN! But yeah- I guess their worth it! ;)
Congrats to all 3 of you. Sadie looks adorable holding her!
CONGRATULATIONS again Tessa!! She is SOOOO beautiful and I LOVE her name!! I can't wait to see her in person!
Congrats Tessa! She is beautiful! I LOVE her name too, SO awesome! Remember, I would love to do her annoucements, when things settle down, email me! Congrats again!
Post a Comment