I Moved My Due Date Up a Couple of Days

I realized the other day that our insurance deductible for the year is almost met (yay!), but it starts over July 1st (boo!).  Which got Brian and I talking about how we need to have the baby and get out of the hospital before July 1st or we'd probably have to pay twice as much.  Who wants to do that, right?


So at my doctor's appointment this morning, I talked to him about it and we decided to induce me on the 25th (yay, three whole days early!) if I haven't gone into labor by then.  I'm excited to know I'll have the baby a few days sooner, but I'm also kind of nervous about being induced.  Who knows though, maybe the baby will come on her own.

I was also excited this morning to find out I'm dilated to a one!  Yippee!  I know its not much, but at least its something :)  I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high yet though, because I was dilated to a two with Sadie for a couple of weeks.  Still though, the end is in site!!!!  And I think we've got everything ready (clothes, itty-bitty diapers, blankets...), so this baby can come any time she wants!!!  I'm so excited!

7 comments:

~PakKaramu~ said...

Paak Karamu reading your blog

Stacey T. said...

Thats awesome Tessa!!! Im so excited for you and can't wait to see the new baby!

Kyle and Eva said...

Thats exciting! Dont stress too much about being induced I was with both my girls and its not too bad. I do epidurals though, I dont know if you are all natural or not it could be a little more intense for you if so. Either way it will come and go before you know it. best of luck to you!

Vana Powell said...

yep- creepy guy- I'm super stoked your so close!! take care

Clarissa said...

An epidural is a MUST if you are induced. That pitocin is PAINFULL! Wow, have things gone fast! I can't believe you're only a couple of weeks away from delivery! We are going to miss you around here!!

Camille said...

Wow, I can't believe you are all but done! Went so fast- For ME~
Don't worry about being induced, unless of course you are a NO epidural kind of girl. The contractions are harder and faster with _______? the inducing drug?lol
BUT labor is still doable- specially if you are numb :) and it goes MUCH faster. BOth my kiddos were induced and carlaya's was 4 1/2 hours, and Noah was just over 5 hours. IN/OUT baby!

A Momma said...

Don't be afraid of induction. I was induced and I'd do it again! Just try to stay away from the pitocin. I just had 2 doses of cytotec and was good to go! (Oh, I did have and epidural though, so I'm sure that made a difference.) Good luck. Sounds like your moving along well on your own anyway.