Big Girl Bed!

Sadie's been sleeping in her toddler bed since we moved into our townhome in October (her crib converted into one).  Since we're going to need the crib again soon, and since we had some extra money from our tax return (gotta love those!) we decided to go ahead and get her a "Big Girl" bed.

Sadie's been pretty excited about it.  She still only sleeps in it for about half the night before coming to our room, but its a start ;)  We put her crib mattress under it and pull it out at night just in case she rolls out, even though she only rolled out of her toddler bed once in the 5 months she was in it.  I'm paranoid though, so I'm sure the crib mattress will stay there until we need it for the baby. :)

The bed makes her room seem kind of small...or maybe its the combo of the bed, her playhouse, dresser, bean bag chair, etc.....yeah, its easy to spoil your kid when you only have one :)  Her room isn't huge, but really, how much space does a little girl need?  I think she's got a pretty cute room though, and its fun to have her in a big bed :)

A woman that I work with made the big quilt for Sadie a while ago.  Isn't it adorable?!  Its such a precious gift and we'll always cherish it.  It fits Sadie too- all over it are princesses in pink dresses and Sadie is such a little princess- in a good way, not in a rotten way ;)  She's just such a girl, and asks me all the time to wear "a princess dress".  Which is why in these pictures, she has a dress over her regular clothes.  Its just not warm enough for ONLY dresses yet, but she's still happy, lol!


Sadie likes her bed :)




Room enough for two!  Well,  as long as one of those two is really tiny, lol!


The reading corner.  One of these days, we'll actually get a little bookshelf or something so the books aren't just in a pile on the floor....


Since we're having another girl, I also thought it would be cute to decorate the dresser with some girly stuff (since we'll be using it for both of them)- hence the butterflies and dragonflies.  I liked it so much, I decided to add dragonflies to the walls too.  I think it turned out pretty cute :)  Sadie used to call them "dragon butterflies" which was super cute, but now she just calls them dragonflies.


4 comments:

Clarissa said...

I love Sadie's room. It's da bomb! Way cute! I just love pink and green together!

Stacey T. said...

Her room looks adorable! The dragonflies look so cute, you did a great job!! Sadie is growing up so fast! How are you feeling, how many weeks are you now?

Burrows: places of retreat; shelter or refuge. said...

Tessa, Sadie is seriously so adorable! She is just a mini-you!

Camille said...

Tessa- I love the room! I love the colors and all the flowers on the wall! So absolutely adorable!! I wish i was artsy enough to paint like that. I did grass up Noah's walls back when he was in his own room and it was ok, but that is the extent of my free hand...LOL
I think you did such a cute job. Isn't it fun putting them into a big girl bed...I remember being really excited for Carlaya in a twin. She is now on the Top bunk! That is fun too!