We had such a fun Easter weekend! I loved it because we did so many things together as a family and really had a blast being together and doing things we don't get to do every day.
On thursday we dyed Easter eggs. This was Sadie's first time, and she had a lot of fun. Mostly, she just kept sticking eggs in the green dye. We tried to get her to use other colors, but she kept going back to green. Maybe that's her favorite color?
As you can see, she used her hands to do all her dying ;) She kept showing us her hands afterwards saying "Ahh, Shrek hands!" LOL

Our finished products
And showing off our eggs. I know it looks like Sadie's egg says "DIE", but I promise, it really says "SADIE"
I had Friday off (WOOHOO!) so Sadie and I spent the day together playing at the park and having lunch with Brian at his work. I have so much fun with her, and I love when we get to have whole days together like that.
On friday night we all decided to go bowling, which was alot of fun. Sadie is so funny, she INSISTS that she carry her own ball to the ramp. What a stud! I didn't take any pictures, but I thought I'd write about it since it was another fun thing we did.
On saturday morning, we got up bright and early and went to the main street park for Cedar City's annual Easter Egg hunt. Usually we go out to Panaca for Easter weekend, but my aunt and uncle's family were in Vegas because Eric had a tournament (lame, huh? I think its dumb when sports leagues schedule tournaments over family-orientated holidays) and my grandma didn't feel up to doing anything special, so we decided to stay in Cedar City this year and do our own thing. So our "own thing" included checking out the Easter Egg hunt. It was soooooooo cold, and actually started snowing a little while we were there, but we toughed it out!
\
When they were about to start, the Easter Bunny came riding in on a fire engine. Sadie is STILL talking about the "Bunny rabbit was waving. He said hello" :)
There were a TON of people there, and apparently in total there were 21,000 eggs! Isn't that insane? They said it was the largest Easter Egg hunt in the state of Utah. They had three age groups, and Sadie's was 0-3. I thought she'd have alot of fun picking up the eggs since this year she was old enough to kind of know what was going on. I've gotta say though, I was totally dissapointed in the actual hunt. The fire engine turned on its siren as the signal to start, and all these parents PICKED UP THEIR KIDS, started running eachother over, and THROWING EGGS IN THEIR KIDS BASKETS!!! The kids weren't doing anything, and it was like a mad house! This one lady was actually holding onto her kid and a huge Great Dane. What the heck is she bringing her Great Dane to a 0-3 easter egg hunt for? So it can run over the kids? I was so peeved! Anyway, we tried getting Sadie to an area more in the middle where there weren't as many people yet so she could pick up some eggs on her own. She only ended up with four before we were swarmed and it was really freaking her out, so I picked her up and we left. Once we got out of the crowd she was pretty excited about her eggs though :) We tried to get a picture with the Easter Bunny before we left, but Sadie wouldn't have any of that, LOL!
After we were done, we were pretty much freezing, so we decided to go to Denny's for some hot chocolate and breakfast. :)
On Sunday, I got Sadie all dressed up in her Easter dress and decided to try out my new flat iron by curling her hair (the girl that cuts my hair showed me how to do it). I think it turned out SOOOO cute! Here are some pictures from right after

Around 1:00 my Aunt Rie called and said they were back in Panaca and were going to do a BBQ and Easter egg hunt, so we headed over there. It was such a gorgeous day and the kids had a lot of fun. This time, Sadie actually got to pick up a good amount of eggs. We have three two-year-olds in the family, and fortunately, none of them have parents that are going to go ballistic trying to get their kids as many eggs as possible! Call me crazy, but isn't the purpose of the Easter Egg hunt to let kids find Easter eggs? Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now ;)


I took Monday off work so I could stay an extra day in Panaca just hanging with the family and letting Sadie and her cousin Curtis spend some fun time together. So all in all, we had a GREAT, long weekend with lots of fun and family!
August 2022
3 years ago

1 comments:
Tessa, Sadie looks so beautiful in her new easter dress. She looks like you. I'm glad you all had a wonderful easter. Maybe next year we will come down there. Or you can always come to Kanosh, it was warm.
Post a Comment