First Real Haircut!

I gave Sadie her first complete haircut last week! It was kind of a sad event, since her hair was soooooo long for a 2-year-old (just look at my Bowling post down the page to compare) but it was always so ratty on the ends, even after using conditioner and detangling spray, and she hated when I combed it, so we decided it was time. I wasn't sure how we'll she'd sit for a real beautician, so I figured I'd try to do it myself (I've had alot of haircuts, so I have the basic idea) and if I screwed it up we'd take her to someone to have them fix it. I know, I'm a little crazy. It really wasn't bad though. I stuck her in her highchair, put a movie on our laptop right in front of her, and started cutting. I couldn't find the camera, so here's a picture of her right after that I took with my cell phone. Its not a great photo, but you get the idea. If I do say so myself, I think it turned out pretty cute :)




We went to the park a couple of days after and I tried to get some more photos there. You can get a good idea of how short her hair is in the first one. The others, not so much, I just thought they were cute :)







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the hair cut!

Clarissa said...

You must have some natural talent for cutting hair because every time I try to cut Cambrie's hair it turns in to a hack job...Sadie's hair turned out so cute!!

Camille said...

she's looking so grown up.... just in time to be a big sister! :)

Luke and Bridget said...

I found you yeah!! She is so cute! She looks so much like you! I need to send you that picture I have of her trying to get her cell phone through the glass of the Church's coffee table... so cute. Congrats on baby #2! So exciting!