Kim, this is for you!!!
We decided two adults and 1 1/2 kids isn't enough members for our family, so we adopted a cat last week. We've actually wanted one FOREVER and were going to get Sadie one for Christmas, but decided to wait until after since we'd be traveling so much around the holidays. I've been checking out the animal shelter websites and classifed ads looking for just the right kitty, and last week saw ours on the Enoch animal shelter website. For some reason, she just felt like the right one. So I showed Brian and called the animal shelter so we could come meet her.
They told me she's super-friendly, litterbox trained, has all her shots and is spayed, PLUS they don't charge an adoption fee- does it get any better? They also told me when they got her she was completey emaciated- she'd been starved- and they'd just been trying to get her healthy before they adopted her out. Just about broke my heart! So Sadie and I went to meet her the afternoon of New Year's Eve and before we even touched her she started purring soooooooo loud :) We looked a couple of other cats too, but they either had something wrong with them, or would hiss when Sadie tried to pet them (she's not really gentle- we're working on it). So I just felt like this one was right for us.
Since we've gotten her, we've been having so much fun! She's such a good family cat, and loooooooooves to snuggle! I also think she's gorgeous :)



Sadie ended up naming her. She's starting to understand "names", like mommy's name is Tessa, the fish's name is Nemo, etc. We asked her what the kitty's name was, and she said "Snow White". The she went over to the cat and started saying "Hi Snow White, hi Snow White". So Snow White it is, although I just call her Snow for short :) We're all having fun though, and we're all really happy to have this newest addition to our family!

7 comments:
Love the Kitty. your right, she is very pretty. Now we both have cats. Is'nt it so much fun!
How fun! That's neat you found the perfect cat at an animal shelter. If Lamoni wasn't so against cats, I'd think about getting a cat too. I'm just glad he's okay with our dog! I'm amazed actually! Hope you have fun with your new addition.
Way fun! I bet Sadie just loves to have such a cute kitty cat! I know Cambrie would LOVE to get a kitty, but I just can't do it with my allergies. Score at the animal shelter!!
You don't have a fan at your house. do you?...cause the only thing that comes to mind when i think of you....Launa.....a cat.....a wall....and a fan.....i just start laughing......lol.... your cat is beautiful.....congrats...
your right...it was launa......but i do believe it was you with my little ponys and fan blades!!!!! lol
Tessa, thanks for introducing yourself! It's nice to meet you! Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck also! Stay in touch!
That is a good looking cat, especially for an animal shelter cat. Congrats on the new addition.:)
Post a Comment