Or should I say "Additional Jobs!"
With the purchase of a new home, a baby on the way and the current economic situation pretty much guaranteeing neither Brian nor I will be getting a raise any time soon, we've started looking for some ways to bring in a little extra money.
For his part, Brian's trying to get his own computer and printer repair business going in Lincoln County! Its what he does for a living here in Cedar City, but he's always really wanted to work for himself. Since he doesn't want to compete with his employer (for obvious reasons) and there seems to be a need in Lincoln County, it seemed like a good move. So we just started advertising out there last weekend and he already has his first call! We're really excited and hope it can turn into more than just a side thing (especially me since I've wanted to move back to Lincoln County forever!) In the meantime, I guess we'll just wait and see. :)
For my part, I was just searching some job postings on SUU's student job website and came across a work-from-home data entry job for a company called Ornaments to Remember. I emailed the contact and asked a little about it and decided to apply. They offered it to me last Friday and I accepted.
Initially I was just looking for a little extra money and didn't care much about the company, but as I've started doing stuff for them, I'm really impressed. I'm basically doing stuff for two companies- Ornaments to Remember and The Learning Community. I got really excited when I visited the Learning Community site because its all about resources for parents! Ornaments to Remember ties in as its their source of funding for the Learning Community. I've talked with a couple other employees, both work-from-home moms who've been with the company for several years, one here in Cedar and one in Oregon and they kept saying how much they've loved working for such a family-friendly organization. So now I'm actually excited- I'm doing something and working for something I believe in, even if it is just data entry for now. :) I know most of the people who read my blog are moms too, so take a look at the learning community site, www.thelearningcommunity.us. I thought it was pretty cool.
So Brian and I both have some exciting new prospects. We're both working hard, but in the long run these might allow us to actually support ourselves better and spend more time together as a family. Thats what we're hoping anyway

1 comments:
That's awesome! I wish you guys the best of luck! I've been seeing Brian's advertisements everywhere!
Post a Comment