For a few months we've been thinking "gosh, house prices have fallen a ton, we should think about buying a house." So about a month ago I went to a broker and got all our financing and everything.....and then we didn't do anything. Well, a couple of weeks ago our broker called to tell us interest rates had dropped a whole percentage from the time I'd gone in and so we decided to call a real estate agent and start looking at homes. We put an offer on one we really wanted last week, but sadly, someone else got it. Then this week our realtor showed us some really nice townhomes. Now, we'd been pretty anti-townhome before seeing these, but thought "what the heck" so I went and looked at a few in this new subdivision and WOW!!! Granite countertops, oil-rubbed bronze fixtures, double the required soundproofing between houses!!!! I was pretty much sold as soon as I walked through them. We showed Brian the next day, took a night to think it over and made an offer yesterday morning which was accepted TODAY!!!!
Next week we're going through to do our inspection and I'll take pictures then to post. We're really so excited- finally homeowners!!!! The only thing that sucks is interest rates went back up while we were looking, but we can lock in the rate any time before we finalize everything at the end of this month, so hopefully they'll come down in the next couple of weeks.
Anyway, I just wanted to share the good news! I can't wait to have some pictures to post- YAY!!!!!!!!!
August 2022
3 years ago

5 comments:
Yea!!!!!
I"m so excited for you! I love being home owners. It's so wonderful.
How exciting!!! Congratulations!! Your new home sounds AMAZING! Cant wait to see pictures!
Congratulations! The home sound beautiful! When will you move in?
Congrats Tessa, I'm so glad you are all doing well! I miss Cedar!
Congrats Tessa. Can't wait to come visit.
Your place looks really nice.
Post a Comment