Fall is my favorite season- I LOOOOOOOVE going up the mountain when the leaves change colors and driving and hiking around. The leaves are just starting to change here, but we decided to take a trip up the mountain to see them anyway. Next week we're having some family photos taken up there, and it should be even more beautiful then!
We usually drive up to the big "C" on Cedar Mountain because there are alot of bushes that turn bright red and orange- I'm not sure what they are, but they're so pretty. Plus its fun to go to the lookout over Cedar City. We tried to take a family picture with the camera on the car, but it didn't really turn out too great :) Oh well....
In this one you can kind of see the leaves changing on the mountain- there's still alot of green, but orange, yellow, and a little bit of red is starting to show up.
After the "C" we drove up to Cedar Breaks. There are alot of Aspens up there (my favorite trees!) so we wanted to see how they're doing with the color change. Still alot of green there too, but there are a couple of areas where all the trees are completely gold! So beautiful! While we were driving around we found a pretty little creek so we got out to take some pictures and let Sadie play for a little bit. I tried to keep her out of the water for as long as possible, because the water was FREEZING, but she eventually got in it anyway. Of course, we have a ton of pictures of her throwing rocks in the water, but since I've had a few posts with water-rock-throwing pictures, I thought I'd exclude most of them from this one ;)
This first picture reminds me of Sasquatch emerging from the woods, LOL :) Its not a great photo, it just made me laugh
This one would have been soooooo cute if we could have gotten her to take her eyes off the water ...
The one we took away from the creek turned out a little better :)
In this one she's standing on a rock that's in the creek. She kept picking up smaller rocks out of the water and throwing them back in, which is why I'm holding onto her arm- I didn't want throwing herself in the creek too! I think this picture turned out really cool though- it looks like we've got some kind of ethereal glow!
On the other side of the road the creek was a little more shallow and she actually made it into the water on that side- it was inevitable! So we just let her play for a while, then headed home.

August 2022
3 years ago

2 comments:
It looks SOOO pretty up there!! I really want to plan a trip up there now. Cant wait to see the pictures you take next week!
what a fun fall day! You look really good in all your pics!
Post a Comment