Maiden Voyage!

Brian recently bought a raft-type boat to replace his poor old Seahawk that gave out on him earlier this summer. He was so sad when it finally died, but now that he has a new boat he has been sooooooooo excited to get Sadie and I out on it, especially since we never actually joined him on any of his Seahawk fishing excursions. Not that I don't like getting out on the lake, but his Seahawk didn't have any seats-we would have been stuck in the wet bottom of his little boat, and that never really appealed to me. But his new boat has some nice seats, more space, and I figured we'd be alot more comfortable and have alot more fun in this one. :) So here are some pictures of our little boating trip up at Navajo Lake.

While Brian set everything up, Sadie played in the water




And finally, on the boat!


Sadie's favorite part was splashing in the water, of course! :)



Putting along....


And finally, back on shore and in some dry clothes!



All in all, a really fun day! Oh, and just a little side note. Brian just got his wisdom teeth out the day before- I couldn't believe he actually wanted to go boating! But he did, and we had alot of fun!

5 comments:

Stacey T. said...

How fun!! What lake is that at?

Camille said...

wow! men are funny like that...either babies or tuff men! Wisdom teeth is not joke!
Looks like a lot of fun. I am not into fishing at all, but Jonathan is and is trying to get back into it. So I am down, for SHORT trips! LOL

Kristi said...

Tessa! Oh my goodness - I can't believe I just noticed your blog from Vana's blog list! How wonderful to catch up with you through the blogging world! Your little girl is absolutely adorable and it looks as though your family is doing very well and is very happy! This just totally made my whole day!

Ellis said...

looks like a great time

Anonymous said...

fun boat there! My mom used to have a little wimpy blow up boat and when we couldn't get a ride to the spring, we would fill it up with water and just "swim" in that.