Keith Shumway

We found out last night that a friend of ours, Keith Shumway, died in the Moab plane crash on Friday. I've known him for several years, and one of the first things I noticed about him was how happy and positive he always was. He could always brighten up a room with his big smile and joking nature. We'll really miss him.

My main reason for posting this was, first, to say something about such a wonderful person to those who didn't know him. But I also wanted to let people know that he has a wife, Lisa, and three-month old son, Landon. A memorial fund has been set up in his name for them at Wells Fargo and Mountain American Credit Union. We will be donating, and ask anyone else who can help to donate as well, even if its just a small amount. His family faces a tough time ahead, and they shouldn't have to worry about something like money right now. Ask for the Keith Shumway memorial or you can also call (800) 869-3557 for Wells Fargo.

Our prayers are with Keith's family, and with all those who lost loved ones in this tragedy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom just told me about this accident. She knew and worked with them all.

Neil and Kimberly said...

Tessa...your awesome! Thanks for your comments, they have meant so much. Kim and I are getting a little bit closer to being caught up with the time....we just set up our page. We wanted to respond to to all the comments on the memorial page and keep up with such great family and friends. Thank you so much, we appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Hey! Just lurking and found your page. What an adorable family!!!! I have to say that your hair is fabulous. On a different note... I was very saddened to hear of this tragedy. I knew some of the staff from when they came out to GCD. So very sad, it also brought a lot of feelings because of losing my dad the same way. So sorry to read about your uncle, he was way too young (as was your dad) Glad to see you doing well. You guys look happy!