Yesterday Brian and my good friends Aimee and Lindsay threw me a surprise birthday party! It was so thoughtful and so fun, so I really wanted to write about it!

My friend Aimee and I have been trying to go for walks every Monday and Friday lately, so yesterday (the day before my birthday) we met halfway between our homes like we usually do, and this time our friend Lindsay was with her. "Cool" I thought, Lindsay is coming with us. So we took our usual walk down towards the streets by the freeway. Its not the best neighborhood- ok, it scares me- but its close and we go during the day, so its not a big deal. The whole time we were walking, Aimee and Lindsay would keep stopping to check text messages. I was so annoyed! Why were we even going for a walk if they were just going to text the whole time?!?!

We got to the corner where we usually turn to head back to our street, but Aimee and Lindsay wanted to keep going....ok. I argued because like I said, I think the streets by the freeway are scary. But Lindsay said "Its ok, there are three of us and I know some people who live around here. We're fine" So we went....and went....and they kept stopping to check messages. Then Sadie started getting cold, so I started walking a little faster so I could get her home. Well, Aimee had an extra blanket, so we wrapped Sadie in that. You think I would have had a clue, but since it wasn't my birthday until today, I didn't think anything other than "good heck, these guys need to put away their phones!"
FINALLY we got to my apartment and I saw that Brian's car was there. Cool, we can all hang out! I got to the door- it was locked. Okaaaay......And I still didn't have a clue. I know, I'm pretty dense. I unlocked the door and my living room was full of balloons! Brian, and our friends Tyson and Rachel popped out from behind the door and yelled "SURPRISE!!!!" And thats when I figured it out! It was so AWESOME!!! I've never had a surprise party before in my life, and I haven't had an actual birthday party for years. So it was really amazing and really fun.

More of our friends showed up after a bit and we all had pizza and cake and played games- I think we had 11 adults and 6 kids, which made my apartment pretty crowded...AWESOME!!! My friend Aimee decorated a GORGEOUS cake for me! All in all, it was just amazing! It was so incredibly thoughtful, and I was so grateful that so many people came. Some of my friends didn't find out until earlier that day, so they had really short notice. In fact, Brian said Tyson and Rachel didn't find out until that afternoon and they came over while I was on my walk to see if Brian needed help setting up for the party. I really have the most amazing friends! And it was so thoughtful of Brian to do it! He said he thought of throwing me a surprise party about a week ago, but didn't really have a clue about how to do it. So he got ahold of Aimee and Lindsay and they helped him get everything together. Like I said, AWESOME FRIENDS! And AWESOME THOUGHTFUL HUBBY!

I am having a GREAT birthday!!!!!

3 comments:
That is awesome! How fun!! Happy Birthday!!
I had a little surprise b-day party once too. It was fun, but started off annoying and awkward like yours did. LOL
What great friends. Sorry- Happy Happy late b-day. When was it the 12th? I think I remember it. :)
I just read your blog way back. Haven't been here in a while. Too busy to update my blog let alone check everyone elses. :) Anyway, looks like things are going good. You're still sepereated though right? I hope things work out the way you want....
Love ya!
OH Tess! Awesome! Happy Birthday!!!! That is such a fun way to celebrate to by being surprised!!! What a great thought for Brian to have to do for you!!!! Thanks for posting it!!!
Post a Comment