Catching Up

I realize its been forever since I've updated my blog with anything other than "mouse talk". (By the way, we have our superintendent coming over today to fill in all the gaps around our pipes and such, so no more mousies! Yay!) Ok, for real, that is the last I plan to say about mice :)

Part of my reason for not updating with any photos lately is our camera batteries died a few weeks ago, and guess who never remembered to buy new ones at the store? Yeah, thats me. So since I didn't have my camera for some fun things, I'm stealing some pics from friends and family's facebooks/blogs so you can see what we've been up to. What I'm really sad about is we went out to Panaca for a big 100 year celebration highschool homecoming. My WHOLE family came home for it, plus we did a lot of stuff. My class had a float in the parade that the girls and I were on (Brian drove the truck) and my fam took a trip to Cathedral Gorge which is always fun for photos. I also got a totally new haircut, and all I have so far are cell phone pics for that.

Ok, so on to the updates! This first one I actually have pics of because it was so strange and frustrating to us. Sadie got this rash one weekend, and we went to the doctor once a week for three weeks trying to figure out what it was. It kept getting worse no matter what we put on it, and it was only on ONE side of her body (and it went all the way from her knees to her wrists, even though this picture doesn't show it all). It also had this weird lacy pattern you can see in the picture. Weird, huh? So finally we went to a dermatologist and the first thing he asked was "Has she had a MILD cold recently?" We said yeah, all of us had one. He then told us this rash was a reaction to the cold virus, and is called an ULEC rash, which stands for Unilateral Laterothoracic Exanthema in Children (try saying that five times fast). He said they're pretty uncommon, but every once in a while a kid will get one after getting mildly ill and it can last up to two months! No cure, just have to wait for it to go away. So we got some anti-itch lotion to help the poor girl feel better, and FINALLY (its been almost two months) the rash is fading away.


Something fun we've done recently is paint a green accent wall in our living room. I kind of wanted red, but Brian thought it would be too dark, so we went with green (to go with our "nature" motif) Of course, once we painted it green, he said he didn't like it and wanted to go with red, but I think its grown on him :)

Another exciting milestone? Ambrie turned 3 months! So here are some 3 month pics of our baby angel
so happy!

This is her "deer in the headlights" look, lol!

One of the really fun things we did recently was go to Panaca for a special homecoming, a 100-year celebration of when our highschool was founded. I got to see alot of people who I haven't seen in a while, my WHOLE family came home for it, and we just had a good time at the different activities and stuff.

My class (thanks to Camille) put together a float for the homecoming parade. Brian's driving, and I'm the one with my back turned to the camera :) These photos are complimentary of Barbara Rhode's facebook :)

Curtis and Sadie at Cathedral Gorge

This was Sadie's first time to Cathedral Gorge. Isn't that pathetic?! I know, I need to get on the ball and take her there more, she and Curtis LOVED it!

And last, but not least, here's my new 'do. Sorry, its just pics from my cell phone, so they don't look great, but you get the idea.

5 comments:

Mills Family said...

Tessa!! I LOVED reading all about your "going-on's"! The homecoming parade is such a fun idea, that is so cool that you guys do that. And, I'm also so glad that you guys have the mice under control in your place!! That was such a crazy thing! I do feel for ya...yuck huh! You pics of the kids are so adorable and your baby is so growing up! Both your girs are so pretty. Tess, you are so pretty! I absolutely love your new hair cut! I loved it before too though...so I just think that you can wear any style.

Anonymous said...

That is a big update. You got a little bit of everything in there!

Unknown said...

While we lived in Provo I kept telling Ben that would should take a trip down to Panaca, just so he could see everything I talk about. But it never happened. I miss things like Cathedral Gorge.
And I have the exact same onsie for Ellie! Ambrie's a doll!

A Momma said...

Ambrie is a cutie! Too bad we don't live by you, I bet Sadie and Jane would get along great.

Stacey T. said...

Sounds like you guys have been having a good time! Besides the rash anyways, I'm glad it went away! I'm so bummed I didn't make it to the reunion! Ambrie is such a doll, its crazy its been over 3 months already!