Mommy Daughter Date

Last week Brian agreed to watch Ambrie so Sadie and I could go on a much overdue mommy/daughter date! I don't know who else this happens too, but after I had Ambrie I felt a lot of guilt about not being able to give Sadie as much attention. And while she's doing good and being a GREAT big sister, I felt like it would be awesome if just she and I could spend some fun time together.

I asked her what she wanted to do, and she said "Go to the dinosaur park" which is what she calls one of the elementary school playgrounds here. So we went and had a lot of fun! It was great for me too because I could climb, slide, and run around with her since I wasn't holding Ambrie the whole time. I love Ambrie, but sometimes its nice to have a little break, you know?




It was seriously like pulling teeth to get her to sit with me long enough to get a photo of both of us- she didn't want to stop playing for that long, lol! :)



When it started getting dark, we still had a little time before I told Brian we'd be home, so we went and got ice cream! The perfect end for our mommy daughter date :)

These next two pics aren't of our date, but from the next day. Me, Ambrie, and Sadie went for a walk to a nearby park and Sadie asked if she could bring her "treasure", which was an empty wipes box she had put some things in. I said sure!
When we got to the park, she started taking everything out, and here is what was in it:
a toothbrush, some blocks, a hair brush, nail polish, a pen, a necklace, one of Ambrie's socks, a lid, some of Ambrie's toy rings, an amethyst rock I have, a toy cat, a plug cover that came with one of Brian's computers, a lid, and a little toy bed. I had NO IDEA she had that much stuff in there! It totally made me laugh, so I had to share!

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

Tess, this is the cutest post!! I loved every bit!!

Stacey T. said...

What a fun day!! I'm glad you were able to spend some one on one time with her! Her treasure was too cute!