Finally Updating!

I've noticed with two kids I have a much harder time getting to the computer- or if I do, I'm generally holding Ambrie, which makes it hard to do much besides checking out other peoples' blogs and facebook. So now that I've got both kids asleep, and Brian around in case Ambrie wakes up, I'm updating :)

Things have been going good still. We just got back from a family birthday party that was a LOT of fun. I posted about it below this one. Its always good to get all the family together :)

I also feel like I'm getting the hang of having two kids instead of one, although there are still days where I feel like I didn't get a thing done, we haven't done anything particularly fun or exciting, and my house is a mess. But I think we all have those days, right?

Ambrie will be seven weeks tomorrow- almost two months! I can't believe it. And I'll have to go back to work four weeks from tomorrow :( I'm already dreading it because I know how fast it will come. But I feel good about Sadie's daycare, which will also take Ambrie. The two women that run it are sisters and have been doing it for 18 years. We went over to visit the other day so I could fill out Ambrie's paperwork and just watching them with her, and how they spoke with the older kids who wanted to see Ambrie, made me alot more comfortable with it. They told me that pretty much one of them will be in charge of Ambrie and will hold her most of the time she's there, because its safer for her (with all the other kids around), plus they just like to :) Jana, the younger sister is just a little older than me, and she's been debating whether or not she wants more kids, but she figures in the meantime, she'll just spoil mine :) I'm so grateful we've found these guys. They've been incredible with Sadie- she LOVES going there, and I've always felt really comfortable with them. They're the only babysitters Sadie's had where I didn't feel like I had to call and check up on her all the time, and Sadie's had her fair share of babysitters. So even though it will be hard to go back to work, knowing that Ambrie's in a safe place with loving people definitely makes it easier- I'm sure I'll still bawl like a baby the first few days though :(

Speaking of work, Brian's now working for himself fixing computers and printers. Its been kind of stressful doing this right after having a baby- there's been so much to get done with paperwork and everything, but we're starting to settle into it now. So far we've only advertised in Lincoln County. He was planning to work there and in Cedar, but he's had so many calls in Nevada that he hasn't had time to do anything here! So if it slows down out there will advertise here too. I'm really grateful that he's been busy though. I was so worried about not making ends meet at first, since it usually takes a while to get businesses off the ground. But so far things are going well and I'm feeling more and more confident that this was the right thing for us to do.

Now that I've babbled on and on, how about some new pictures! These aren't of any event in particular, just some new ones of the girls :)

I can't get Sadie to smile for the camera anymore without giving a really cheesy grin. This is the first time Sadie held Ambrie all by herself though without Ambrie crying like crazy. Yay!!!



This is the first smile we've been able to get on camera. She's really smiley in the morning, then kind of gets grumpier as the day goes on- definitely a morning person! :)



Here are just some random ones of the girls that I think are cute :)


2 comments:

Camille said...

Hey Tessa! Thanks for your comments on my blog- it reminded me that I haven't been to yours in a while! :)

I think your girls are so absolutly darling! I love the picture you have of them. You look so beautiful in the one with you and Ambrie! & I love the hair bow on her! So darn cute! I love the big ones like that!
I went down a bit to check on your other posts. I love the sister photo shoot- all of them are so precious. I love having one of each but I always wanted 2 girls close togther like that. ;)

Stacey T. said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great!! Thats awesome Brian's business is doing so well!! Are you still working from home at all?
Your girls are SO adorable!! I love the new pictures....Laurens into the cheesy grin for pictures too, well either that or "No more pictures mommy!" lol!