Lots of Posts!....and a Mouse Update

I just made a bunch of posts, so scroll down and read them all! Or at least look at the pictures :)


Also, I know I said I was done with mouse posts, but I have just one more at the request of my friend Lisa.

So, a couple of weeks ago I had an exterminator come over, since we'd caught three mice already and I knew we had one living in the wall behind our washer and dryer. We'd sealed in all the holes around the pipes and gas lines we could find, so apparently it couldn't get out. He said I'd done everything he would do, and didn't charge me anything after doing an inspection of our house. We figured the mouse would probably just move out if it couldn't make it out of the wall. Just in case, I kept all my traps out, and put some poison behind my washer and dryer.

Well.....the other day I noticed our house was kind of stinky when I got home, and I just thought it was the sink or garbage or something like that. I didn't think much of it. Then yesterday, Brian called to say he opened the closet under our stairs and it really stunk. Well, that closet shares a wall with our laundry room. I asked him what it smelled like, and he said "rotten meat" Greeeeeeeeat........

Brian had to go to Panaca for some work, so I left work early to see if I could find the mouse in the closet. I threw a bunch of stuff out, looked everywhere and nothing- no dead mouse, no mouse poop, no holes in the wall where a mouse could get through. So then I grabbed my cat and set her down the closet and she immediately started sniffing by the wall. So I'm pretty sure its in there, and there is NO WAY I am putting a hole in the wall to try and find it. Luckily its in a closet and not our living room. So I put a bowl of baking soda in there and shoved a blanket under the door, opened our living room window, and now our house doesn't smell as bad. I guess we'll just have to wait it out for a couple of weeks. That sounds so gross, but I really don't know what else to do. Ugh. I am soooooooo over mice!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I totally understand your mice frustrations! Every time you talk about mice I know exactly what you are going through; so don't worry, I totally commiserate with you! They are stinky little buggers whey they die! Hopefully things get better for you!

Mills Family said...

Ok, so I totally talked to Allison who said that her hubby, Bishop, had something similar happen to him at his work office a while ago. A mouse died behind the wall. He said the smell lasted weeks!!! He had to keep a candle burning for weeks....all the time!!! And Jeani said that the smell takes forever to get rid of! OH, I feel bad you are having to deal with these dumb mice!!!

Two Peas in a Pod Bow-tique said...

Tess - we've had the same thing happen to us last week, except we weren't so lucky and it was in Bladen's room and it's just now starting to go away... it's SOOOO GROSS!!